Tuesday, June 22, 2010

What I'm Doing

In case you're feeling burned out on some of your favorites, here are a few things that I'm currently....

Eating:

  • Kashi Heart to Heart Cereal. I was skeptical because I love my Cheerios but this cereal puts Cheerios to shame. At the same amount of calories per serving, Kashi has the same cholesterol lowering effects with the added benefit of antioxidants, and 100% daily value of 3 B Vitamins. Plus, it has a much heartier taste and texture so you feel fuller longer.
  • Food Should Taste Good Chips. I found these chips last summer and ended up having to hide bags from my dad (sorry dad), but they're that good and good for you. The MultiGrain, Sweet Potato, and Jalapeno are my favorite, but thy also have a multitude of other flavors. Try them out and I guarantee you won't be wanting Doritos anymore.
  • Blue Diamond Almond Milk. After years of having my hands, feet, and lips blow up like a balloon, I finally found out last summer that I am lactose intolerant. As an avid cereal eater and latte drinker, I had no idea what to do. I tried soy and lactaid milks and absolutely hated the taste and texture. So, my allergist recommended Almond milk and now it is my favorite thing. At just 40 calories/serving almond milk has a creamy texture like 2% but without the fat, and comes in original, vanilla, and chocolate. It's helped me out a lot, but I think I'll endure looking like a balloon for ice cream and cheese. Hey, it's not all about looks.
Reading:
  • Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen. I had heard great things about this novel and since it is currently being made into a film starring Christoph Waltz, Reese Witherspoon & Robert Pattinson, I just had to read it before the film comes out. Well I started reading on Saturday morning and was done by Saturday night. I just could not put it down.
  • This Side of Paradise by F. Scott Fitzgerald. One of my favorite authors after reading The Great Gatsby and The Jazz Age, I can't wait to read Fitzgerald's debut novel.
  • The Death and Life of Charlie St. Cloud by Ben Sherwood This came up as a recommendation on my Amazon account and sounds like really interesting, beautiful, good summer beach read.
Watching:
  • The Best thing I ever ate on Food Network. I love this show. Celebrity chefs choose their favorite things to eat and let you know where you can find them. I am literally drooling by the end of each episode. Check it out Mondays at 9 and don't forget to bring a bib.
  • Entourage on HBO. Well Season 7 doesn't officially start until June 27th but I absolutely love this show and always catch re-runs. It's funny, entertaining, and realistic without being overly raunchy, which can happen sometimes on HBO.
  • The Soup on E! I dream that the host Joel McHale is my boyfriend. This show pokes fun at all of the ridiculous things that occur in the world of celebrity, reality tv, and the thing we call "news". Check it out Friday nights at 10.