Thursday, June 10, 2010

A little reminder

“Never look back unless you are planning to go that way”- Henry David Thoreau

In general, I think I am a fairly easy going individual. I don't like to have drama, hold grudges, and being mean to people in school was never my thing.
However, that side of me only exists when dealing with other people. When dealing with myself on a day to day basis, I am increadibly harsh. I can beat myself up about something until I am blue in the face- a trait that has been both a blessing and a curse. For one, I get everywhere 15 minutes early, never leave any work until the last minute, and keep file folders in alphabetical order of bills, electronic manuals, lease agreements, etc. On the other hand, I tend to waste a lot of time over thinking everything. I'm only 21 and sometimes feel like I am still waiting to be a kid. I know that you can't turn back the clock and that's perfectly fine with me. Middle school one time around is enough. But, I am trying to let go of sweating the small stuff and give myself a break from time to time. Whenever I need to be reminded of the important things in life, my mom is always a great go to person.

So, I wanted to post a short video she sent me that I think is really helpful called, "The interview with God." Whatever your religious beliefs are, the words stated in this video are Universal. It's really a great reminder to help you remember what matters at the end of the day.
Check out the video here