Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Longest Week

"Yeah, I just stare at my desk; but it looks like I'm working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch, too. I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work." -Office Space


You know those weeks where time passes so slowly it actually feels as though the Father Time is playing a cruel joke on you? Well I happen to be stuck in the vortex of such a week. I'm not sure if my mind has yet to realize that the only remnant left of Summer vacation is the scar I got from a slight fall on the 4th of July (woops), but for some reason, I can not get myself into a work groove at all this week. 

I went to Boston last weekend with some friends and through all of the socializing, bar hopping, and tourist stops, sleep fell by the wayside. Unfortunately, last weekends lack of sleep has caught up to me immensely.  I have sat in class every day this week daydreaming about getting out, going home, eating some ridiculously unhealthy food in bed, and watching t.v.I usually force myself to be a bit more productive than the above activities. However this week, I have given into the temptation of being a lazy college kid. I have fore-gone make-up, any type of clothing that doesn't feature a hood, and health food was just not an option. 

So my question is: How do my non-grandma college friends do this? I have friends who literally go out drinking Monday-Sunday, run on little to no sleep, and think Pop Tarts contain actual fruit, and still manage to make it to class and receive good grades. Unfortunately I did not get this hard-core partying gene. And as much as I love staying in my pajamas all week & telling myself Ham, Egg & Cheese croissants with a side of fries is "healthy", I need to get myself back on track.

Thank god tomorrow's Friday. Grandma Tay will be in bed at approximately 8pm.