Thursday, September 16, 2010

Patriot Games


This Sunday the New England Patriots will be playing the New York Jets at the new Meadowlands standing. I'm not too worried about the Pats having an issues (knock on wood) considering how the Jets played last weekend against the Baltimore Ravens. The Jets lost 10-9 and by the look of things one week won't be enough for Rex Ryan to pull his offense together.The Patriots on the other hand defeated the Cincinnati Bengals 38-24 last Sunday. 

Now when it comes to choosing teams and standing by them, everyone has their reasoning. Most people choose to root for their hometown teams and hopefully stick by their teams in good times and in bad. Now I have attended a fair amount of sports events and have to admit that if my team is losing or winning by a great deal, I have been known to leave the stadium. It's not that I don't care for my team or want to support them, but sometimes you just want to leave and eat greasy food much more. However, I never really thought about if the players actually care or notice when fans leave the stadium. Yet today, I came across an interesting quote from Tom Brady in regards to last weeks game against the Bengals. Brady said: "The road environment is very different than our friendly home crowd, who when I looked up, half the stadium was gone when we were up 21 points early fourth quarter, which I wasn't so happy about...I don't think the Jets fans leave early. They're going to be loud the whole game."

I hope Patriots fans going to the game hear about this and don't leave the stadium on Sunday- no matter what's going on in the game. I guess even hot millionaire football players with supermodel wives still like to know the fans are there. It'll definitely be a difficult chant however to drown out the constant J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS chant. If anyone can do it though, it's belligerently drunk Bostonians. GO PATS! (Especially #12)