Wednesday, August 4, 2010

“Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself…”


Whatever your political standing may be, I think we can all agree that President Clinton may have a few contradictory tendencies. Sure, I could touch on that little white lie he told while in office; but I figure for today, I will live in the present.


I’m going to start out with the shocking and secretive news that Chelsea Clinton was married this past weekend. I too am asking myself, how did they pull off such an intimate affair? Not really…What I am asking myself is why the Clinton’s felt it necessary to spend between $3 and $5 million on their daughters wedding. I know this topic is heated and debatable, but I think it’s a completely ridiculous and inordinate amount of money to be spent on a wedding. Of course every girl dreams of having their fairy tale wedding and maybe I’m just naïve, but I for one feel as though dreams can come true without robbing a bank. I realize that the Clinton’s have the money to spend, but in these recessionary times, and with the Clinton’s as such a high profile family, I find the cost absolutely disgusting.


In 2008 when Hilary Clinton was vying for presidency, she addressed the recession and our depleting economy numerously. Clinton made statements such as, “We need a President who understands the urgent economic challenges our families face and who will work as hard for middle-class families as they work for America.” Well Mrs. Clinton, it does not seem that you would deem fit for the job. How could one understand the urgent economic challenges facing the majority of the country when you are willing to drop millions on lets face it, a party. And sure you can argue that the Clintons were helping the local community of Rhinebeck, N.Y (where the wedding took place), but I just can’t seem to justify the expense. The Clinton family needs to understand that they chose a life of invariable publicity and exposure. Whether they like it or not, they are under the constant eyes of the public which includes daily inquiry. So I am going to scrutinize and state that people, who constantly try to sympathize with the every day man, should not spend millions of dollars for one day of celebration.


They should have saved some money & fed Bill...