During the day your hair can become flat and greasy, but you don't always have time to run home for a shower. Some of my tricks for a quick touch up are:
- Baby powder. Just sprinkle a little on your roots and scalp. It will absorb some of the grease and make you feel fresh.
- Dry shampoo. I have seen a lot of dry shampoos out there, but my favorite is psssst. It's just $5.00 a bottle and can be found at almost any pharmacy.
- Fabric softener sheets. Running one of these babies along your hair will help get out any of the lovely smells your hair may have accumulated during the day while providing de-frizz benefits.
I thought becoming an adult would mean so long to embarrassing blemishes and redness. Unfortunately, that's not the case. I have tried everything to remove redness, and some of my greatest tricks are:
- Visine. Not only does it clear up my allergy stricken eyes, but it also removes redness almost instantly from embarrassing acne.
- Honey. I know it sounds messy (and it is), but applying a honey ask to skin at night will remove redness and moisturize. Leave on for 30 minutes and rinse well with cool water.
It's mid-way through the day and you can still taste your lunch. Not cute at all. When you don't have a toothbrush handy, here are some things you can do to help:
- Eat. I know that sounds counter-intuitive, but eating apples or carrots can help to remove grime and bad breath from your mouth. Also, eating strawberries will provide an added whitening benefit.
- Scrub. Colgate makes a great product called wisps which are disposible mini-brushes to use on the go. They are small enough to fit into your purse or pocket and provide a great minty flavor.
Almost everyone looks better with a tan, and there is nothing worse than hitting the beach and nearly blinding everyone with your transparent glow. However, hitting the beach daily is not a good or realistic idea and age spots, wrinkles, and skin cancer look good on no one. For a great summer tan I love to fake it. These are my 3 favorite products that will have you looking bronzed wihout a side job as an ooompa loompa.
- Soleil Flash Bronzer for face. This oil-free tinted face lotion works instantly and gives your face a natural glow while also providing your skin with a healthy dose of Vitamin E.
- Jergens natural glow express. This body moisturizer comes in three tones: light, medium, and dark, and provides skin with a great glow in just one use.
- Murad firming bronzer with SPF 15. Not only does this product provide SPF protection, but it also contains minerals and anti-oxidants provent to firm and tone your skin. And the best part of all: it washes off after one use so you don't have to worry about any streaks.
Having well hydrated skin is the most important tip of all. I drink around 2 liters/day which seems crazy considering I used to hate water. However, drinking up I have found that my skin looks much cleaner and healthier. Water banishes bloat, and the more hydrated your skin is, the more supple it will look. If water bores you, try some of these tips:
- Add Lemon. Squeezing a whole lemon into a bottle of water and adding 1 packet of splenda is a great alternative to calorie laden lemonde. It will taste just like the real deal and lemon is a natural diuretic which also helps with some excess bloat. For even more flavor, try: lime and orange as well.
- Take a bite. Foods such as melon, tomatoes, cucumber, watermelon, and grapes contain 90% more water and will count toward your fluid intake. Try throwing these ingredients on top of your favorite salads.