- Wild Night- Van Morrison. My favorite Morrison song.
- Crash into me- Dave Matthews Band: This song has such sentimental value. It reminds me of my dad and dancing around his room in the Hamptons when I was little.
- Girl- Beck: A sure fire way to see me dancing.
- Don't think twice, It's alright- Eastern Conference Champions: Has a bit of a Dylan sound. A great song.
- Summertime Clothes- Animal Collective: This song just gives off good vibes.
- Whatever you Like- Anya Marina: I just love this version (sorry T.I.) Plus, it was the soundtrack to one of the most memorable Gossip Girl scenes of the season.
- Glycerine- Bush: My friend Ali made me a CD with this song on it about 6 summers ago. It's one of my favorite and was recommended by one of my favorite girls :)
- American Girl- Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers: My mom introduced me to Tom Petty many many years ago. Needless to say, I love her even more for it.
- Quelqu'un m'a dit- Carla Bruni: Sure it's in French, but you don't have to understand the lyrics to fall in love with this song.
- Bad Moon Rising- CCR: This song doesn't even need explination.
- She Drives me Crazy- Fine Young Cannibals: A great one hit wonder.
- Time to Pretend- MGMT: This song just sounds like summer to me.
- Good Life- One Republic: It'll make you feel, well, good.
- Aint too proud to beg- The Temptations: A classic.
- Bette Davis Eyes- Kim Carnes: I absolutely loveee this song. For an updated sound, try the version by: Oliver North Boy Choir.
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
The Sounds of Summer
Some of my favorite summertime tunes.
Posted by Taylor