Monday, September 19, 2011

This is a song by Dan Layus of Augustana titled “I Still Ain’t Over You.”  When i first heard this years ago, I always assumed he was talking about not being over an ex.  However, I recently found out the actual meaning of this song and it has taken on a whole new meaning to me.  In an interview he talks about how this song is one that he wrote for his wife.  The words “I still ain’t over you” are about how he has been married to his wife for a long time, but is still madly in love with her.  He has not, nor will ever, be “over” her.  It’s about how his love for her will always remain strong and beautiful, and true.  Hearing that is so inspiring to me.  To see a love so real and strong like that between two people only assures me that I will find it one day as well.  I hope you enjoy the song and are inspired as well.


Via my friend Kyler , a  hopeless romantic