Thursday, March 31, 2011

Movie Recommendations

Citizen Kane- Not to sound so predictable, but it truly is one of the greatest movies of all time. "Rosebud" anyone?
Giant- James Dean is my favorite actor and this was his final role. It also stars Rock Hudson & Elizabeth Taylor. It's a great movie about family, love, and the oil industry in Texas.
E.T.- Spielberg's greatest film (in my opinion at least). I love this movie and have enough memorabilia in my room to show it.
Bonnie & Clyde- Such a controversial and violent film for the late 60's. An incredible depiction of true life gangsters. Plus, anytime you get to see Warren Beatty in his heyday isn't too bad.
Touch of Evil- I must be a sucker for Orson Welles. The film begins with one of the longest tracking shots in film history which displays Welles' amazing directorial and camera skills.
Double Indemnity- An amazing film noir crime thriller.
Brokeback Mountain- Heath Ledger is amazing and taken way before his time. This film is an incredible depiction of a story that definitely deserves to be told.
A bout de souffle (Breathless)- A French film by Jean Luc Godard. In a nutshell, it's about a car thief who falls for a girl.
Walk the Line- Such amazing performances from Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon. I love love love this movie.
The Social Network- If you haven't seen this, you definitely should. I thought it was going to be terrible and it was amazing. It also made me hate facebook.
Remember Me- Whoever said Robert Pattinson could not act is wrong. This film is very heartfelt and beautiful. It also contains a HUGE plot twist.
The Outsiders- Ponyboy, Johnny, what else do you need? Stay golden.
Stand by Me- The quintessential movie about childhood friendship. It's also one of the few Stephen King adaptations that I actually like.
Revolutionary Road- Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet are probably two of the greatest actors ever. This film is amazing. Plus, it was filmed in New Canaan (where I grew up). Pretty cool.

There's SO many more films that I love, but these are just some recommendations if you feel like having a lazy weekend in of movie watching.