Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snowpacalypse

There is a HUGE blizzard slamming the Midwest & Northeast right now but does Vermont care? No! Nope. UVM has only cancelled school twice in the past 30 years! Unfortunately, that means I will probably never see a snow day here & that I had to drag my cold booty out of bed this morning and trudge through the snow. This kind of snow is not even pretty. It's freezing ice smacking you in the face. I have learned to fore-go any kind of attempt to look cute. Instead, I slightly resemble Nanook of the North in my down jacket and Paul Bunyan-esque boots. It really doesn't matter what I look like anyway since no one can look up when walking unless they want a nice icy snowflake hitting their cornea.

The driving conditions this morning 
My snowy walk to class 

Thankfully, Punxsutawney Phil did not see his shadow this morning so hopefully we will be getting an early spring. Early spring in Vermont is May so fingers crossed!