Saturday, January 22, 2011

Where we're going, we won't need any roads...

My posts have been a little heavy lately to coincide with the going-on's in my life. I started this blog writing about silly things like hair tips and sports and over time have found the blog to become somewhat of a release; a memoir in a sense to help me voice everything that I'm thinking, feeling, experiencing. 


This was the first week of my last semester of college ever. It's daunting and exciting to think about the future. I would like to think that I have everything figured out...I don't. I only have a slight idea about the direction that I would like/ hope my life goes in. The daunting part is finishing all 18 credits in 4 months without experiencing a nervous breakdown. The exciting thing is this feeling of nervousness I have for what is to come. I have never not woken up and gone to school. My entire life has been wake up, go to school, come home, do homework, sleep, recycle the process (Eat, Drink & Be Merry falls in between the coma's). So what do I do now that my entire life's schedule is going to be thrown off balance? Obviously I will get a job and my life will go back to some kind of schedule. But the unexpectedness of everything is so inciting. I'm sure my fantasy of this future is much more dramatic and gripping than the reality. But isn't it nice that I still have that dream? 


You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
-John Lennon