Monday, October 4, 2010

What I learned in class today...

For some reason in one of my hundredth film classes today, my teacher went off on a tangent (per usual) and began talking about the solar system. This professor is pretty humorous though especially when he decided to liken Copernicus's theories on the solar system to that of a high school dance. Here's what he said: "when everyone thought the planets revolved around earth, earth was the prom king & queen...when they realized the sun was actually the center, earth became the emo kids at the dance who stand up against the gym mats." 


It's funny but I think over half of the class didn't actually know that the planets revolved around the sun. Or at least they were too hungover/high/half asleep to acknowledge any kind of points our teacher had been making. Yet if they took anything from class today, I'm sure it will be this statement. Too bad that's not going to be on Friday's midterm.  

Now if I could only remember the details of the McCarthy hearings better. 
Oh college...