Thursday, October 14, 2010

It gets better

I don't want to continue preaching, but as more and more stories come out, I can't help but do just that. I just feel so affected by the rising number of young adolescents who have committed suicide due to teen bullying and violence. 


Recently, hundreds of people & many celebrities have stepped forward and made videos for an organization called "It Gets Better." In these videos, people share their stories of how they were bullied as teenagers and how life gets better. They are stories of encouragement that shed light on the seriousness of the issue but also are stories of hope. Hopefully these videos are allowing teens to recognize that it does get better. Life does not end with middle or high school. If you can just hold on and get through that darkness, there WILL be light at the end of the tunnel. There will come a time when the bullies no longer affect your life and you can say F--- you to all of the nasty comments and hateful things that were once done to you. There will come a time where you meet people who constantly love you and embrace you and your way of life. The moments of hate will be far less than the moments of love you will experience. I promise you that. 


There was a national moment of silence for the teens who have committed suicide a few days ago for which my friend Jimmy & I, along with a few other people for an organization called "Do Something" & the NoH8 campaign took pictures to show our promise to continuously work to stop the hate. 


These are just a few  of the many we took: 


I'm so glad that I have become so active in something that I truly believe in and that I truly believe in standing up against. 


To understand perhaps why I am so affected by the It Gets Better campaign,watch this video. 
http://tv.gawker.com/5663083/






Namaste.